Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Zesty Refried Bean & Veggie Burrito



It feels like I haven't blogged a recipe in ages! After that detox thing, I needed a couple weeks to catch up on my eating...gain back some strength too! This is sort of my first week back to cooking since I had a hall-pass last week. We had a "Ultimate Family Week" at church, which included dinner for 5 nights...a mom's dream come true!
We are officially in the home stretch of summer as school starts in a week and a half, so we are living life at the beach this week! Enjoying the spouting Whale's & jumping dolphins as we sit and watch my oldest son at Surf Camp. Today was AMAZING, I mean how often do you see dolphins & whales all in a one hour time period?
Anyway, because of all the excitement this week, meals have been quick and easy. This burrito recipe can be made any way you like, with meat or without. We had leftover Tri-Tip that my husband wanted in his burrito, but I like mine best without meat AND I also really like Black Refried Beans, but I used up what I had in the pantry.


INGREDIENTS:
  • Large Burrito-size Flour Tortillas
  • Sharp Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
  • 2 Cans Zesty Refried Beans, or Black Refried Beans (I used Trader Joe's brand)
  • 1 pkg. mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 large Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 Zucchini, cut in half moons
  • 1 yellow squash, cut in half moons
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • I had 1 cup of leftover corn I added to the veggie mix
  • Sour Cream
  • 1 Avocado, mashed w/ garlic & lime juice


DIRECTIONS:
Heat Beans in saucepan over low heat. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil and add cut veggies. Saute' veggies over med-high heat about 5-8 min. You want a nice golden color on the outside of the veggies without them getting too well-done.
Heat your tortilla, add some beans, cheese, sautéed veggies, sour cream & mashed avocado. Wrap up as best you can...they'll be messy, but really good!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails