Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Days 6 & 7

DAYS 6 & 7:

Well, I slacked on writing about the last two days of my detox cleanse. By saturday morning I was ready for something substantial! My energy levels all week long were super low & come saturday morning I had an 8 mile run planned. So, I decided on a piece of whole grain bread with a tiny amount of peanut butter along with a banana. I drug myself out there and did the 8 miles, but had honestly never felt so fatigued on a run! Pretty much laid around the rest of the day.
Felt pretty good on Sunday morning, but my stomach was growling! Grabbed a banana, headed off to church then had a salad and some soup for lunch. I have to come clean and admit that I cheated a bit that night and finished off my detox week with a slice of Margarita pizza and a big salad. I'm a sucker for carbs & that pizza dough just melted in my mouth. I savored every bite and gave myself a pat on the back for resisting the s'mores by the fire pit.

Overall, I felt it was a pretty successful week. I recognize what a "colorful" diet looks like now, but I also recognize that I NEED carbs in my diet! The cleanse didn't have a very big affect on me, which in part could have been from the healthy eating. It was super gentle & other than the floating sea stuff, it ended up not being so much of a burden to drink. I've come to the conclusion that treating our bodies good is never a bad thing and depriving ourselves for a bit IS do-able. If I can do it, anyone can! I probably should have been eating a little more frequently with this type of diet, but I survived and will even consider doing this type of detox (with a few modifications) next year.
This week I'm fueling myself back up and feeling an incredible amount of energy! Hope to get back to cooking & some recipes real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails