Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 4 Sea Bass with Sauteed Vegetables



AHHH...DAY 4:

A.M:
Woke up early and started my day with a 3 mile run...felt like my legs had led in them!! It's really hard for me to put anything in my stomach (besides water) before 6:30 AM, so that is why I had the led-leg syndrome. When I got home I made a super satisfying strawberry, orange, banana smoothie (with protein powder). Gulped it down then headed out the door with some cut up cantaloupe in a baggie.

Lunch consisted of a mashed sweet potato and Spinach salad - cucumber, bell pepper, avocado with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and crushed garlic.
So far, day 2 of the cleanse has been pretty gentle to me. I hear it's day 3 that's the kicker...we'll see!

P.M:

I'm still craving carbs & lot's of them! Bread & butter, pasta, cookies, muffins, burgers, the list goes on. But my will-power is getting stronger and I'm really enjoying this time of treating my body good. It's given me some good reflections and some time to think about how a cleansing not only of the body, but the heart is often what I need...

So I went ahead and bought myself a nice fillet of fresh local sea-bass for dinner tonight. I have to say, fish has never tasted soooo good! I knew that I needed some substance in my diet otherwise my training will suffer (which it has been). This dinner was so good that I'm going to include the recipe below. I'm having some issues with downloading pics right now, but I'll add a picture soon! Sea Bass is a very mild flavor fish, white and flaky, not "fishy" tasting at all. It's a great choice if your unsure about how much you like fish. The local sea bass here is amazing!!

Sea Bass with sauteed vegetables (serves 2)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 (4-6 ounce) Sea Bass fillets
  • sea salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 purple onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 zucchini, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 pkg. white mushrooms, cut in quarters
  • 1 large handful skinny Asparagus, cut in 2 in. pieces
Sweet Sour Sauce:
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
DIRECTIONS:

Season fish with sea salt and pepper. In a pan, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and add the sea bass fillets. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the fish is just cooked through. Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
In same pan, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil and add the vegetables. Cook until fork tender and season with salt and pepper to taste.
For sauce: in small sauce pan, heat extra virgin olive oil. Add balsamic vinegar and honey. Stir well and let reduce until sauce thickens.
Place each sea bass fillet over a bed of cooked vegetables. Drizzle with sauce and serve warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails