I was once again in the mood for goat cheese the other night, but wanted to make something light and easy. I found this recipe on Epicurious (love that site!) and tweaked it a bit to make this fresh & tasty salad. Since a salad isn't quite enough for us big eaters, I grilled some chicken breasts and placed them on top of the salad. The kids pretty much stuck to the chicken and mangos...which is fine with me! We rounded out the meal with some really yummy seeded rolls from TJ's (find them in the freezer section). Oh, and if you don't feel like making these pecans, you can totally buy the ones that are already candied (those are just as good)!
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
**Line a baking sheet with foil then spray. Combine sugar, oil & vinegar in small saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Continue boiling for 3 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Spread on baking sheet and separate nuts with fork. Let cool completely.
- 6 0z. bag baby spinach or a combination of mixed greens. I had some fresh lettuce from my neighbor, so I combined the spinach with the lettuce (it was good)
- 1 large Mango, pitted and cut into chunks
- 6 oz. Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Candied Pecans
- Grilled or Cooked Chicken Breasts (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
**Toss spinach. Whisk together oil, vinegar, salt & pepper then pour over salad. Next top with mango, pecans and goat cheese.