Saturday, June 26, 2010

A New Harvest


I can't believe this is the FIRST time I have bought a Harvest Box! I have friends who get them all the time and absolutely LOVE them! I'm always at the farmers markets in town and end up spending a lot, so I figured this would be a great way to get the best of what the farmers have to offer in one nice big box! So, I reserved my box at Rutiz Farms (all organic) on Thursday and was informed I could pick it up after 1pm on Friday. I know this sounds crazy, but I was SO excited to pick up my box! I couldn't even wait until I got home to peek inside the damp cardboard box. Potatoes, fennel, carrots, beets, spinach, lettuce mix, zucchini, a basket of the best strawberries on earth, and a single avocado! My mind started wandering about what I could make with all of the goodies inside. My plan is to get a box (or 2) weekly and plan my meals around what is in the box.
So, this is where I need help from my friends! I've never really cooked with beets, but I have some ideas just from dishes I've eaten at restaurants. Any good recipes you have that include beets, please send them my way! I'm thinking of a beet/goat cheese salad. I plan on using the fennel to make a roasted pork. I'm excited for this week of cooking and would love any ideas you have!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails