Monday, June 7, 2010

Cinnamon Streusel Cake


This is a recipe that my mom has been making for a really long time! I've always loved this cake because it smells soooo incredibly good as it's baking!! As I got older and started making this cake on my own I realized how incredibly EASY it is also! There aren't many ingredients, so it's quick to prepare. I have made this cake for breakfast, brunches, dessert, pretty much for anything.

INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
  • 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix (I use good old betty crocker)
  • 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 1/3 Cup water
  • 2 eggs
INGREDIENTS FOR STREUSEL:
  • 1/2 Cup flour
  • 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE:
  • 3/4 Cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. milk
DIRECTIONS:
Beat cake ingredients together with mixer for 2 minutes at medium speed. Spread 3/4 of the batter in greased & floured (or sprayed) 10 inch Bundt Pan.
Combine streusel ingredients. Sprinkle 2/3 Cup streusel over batter. Spread remaining batter over streusel and top with remaining streusel. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Cool 25 minutes then remove from pan by inverting onto serving plate.
Whisk together glaze then drizzle over cooled cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails