Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ultimate Chicken Strips


Ok, so this isn't the best picture of these chicken strips, but time was short and my family was hungry!  Trust me that these will get devoured in no time!  It's a pretty easy Betty Crocker recipe that my friend gave me a few weeks back.  She said her kids loved them and I can definitely see why.  I doubled the recipe to fit our family, but honestly I should have tripled it.  Kinda thought we'd have leftovers so I could pack them in the kids lunches, but that didn't happen!
Oh, and another plus is that these strips are baked, not fried.  I made my sweet potato fries and some sugar snap peas to go along side.
Enjoy!

Chicken Strips {Recipe by Betty Crocker }


INGREDIENTS: {This is the doubled recipe, serves 5}

  • 1 1/3 Cup Bisquick Mix {I used Trader Joe's Buttermilk Pancake Mix}
  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
DIRECTIONS:
Heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.  Spray the foil with non-stick spray.
Mix biscuit mix, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and paprika in a large ziploc bag.  Dip about 4 chicken strips into the beaten egg then drop into ziploc bag.  Shake until coated well and place on baking sheet.  Repeat with remaining chicken strips.  Once all strips are placed on baking sheet, drizzle them all over with the melted butter.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning half way through {about 7-10 minutes} with a spatula.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails