Who doesn't love a heaping plate of loaded Nachos? We had a ton of Tri-Tip leftovers the other day and I decided I was going to make a quick and easy dinner with it. I just raided the pantry & fridge to find what I needed to make these yummy, cheesy nachos...the kids went crazy for them! The great thing is that you could use any leftover meat: ground beef, turkey, cooked chicken, shredded pork. The possibilities are endless...
- 2 Cups leftover Tri-Tip, diced & quickly heated in frying pan (or any other cooked meat)
- White Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained (or) 1 can refried beans
- 2-3 Cups shredded cheddar & jack cheese ( I like lot's of cheese)
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 1 tomato, seeded & diced
- sour cream
- 2-3 ripe Avocados
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeded & finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
PRE-HEAT oven to 375 degrees. Arrange chips on a large oven proof platter. I used 2 large, deep pie plates (one plate for us & one for the kids). Top chips with black beans, some of the cheese, steak, rest of cheese & olives. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and chips are starting to turn golden. Once the nachos are out of oven, top with tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole. Sprinkle some fresh cilantro for garnish.
Super easy & super yummy...