Friday, April 16, 2010

Banana Nut Bread




This recipe comes from one of the most sweetest lady I will ever know! She was part of my inspiration to start this blog! Last month she left this earth, but will forever be in my heart...my Aunt Cetta. Italian, beautiful, funny, a great cook & baker...she had it ALL!!! Some of my most favorite recipes came from her and this is one that I love!

Banana Nut Bread
  • 1/2 Cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/4 Cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 Cup buttermilk (or sour cream, but I like buttermilk!)
  • 3 Cup flour (you could use half whole wheat flour too)
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 Cup chopped nuts (we've always used Walnuts)
*Cream butter and sugar in mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and mashed bananas-mix well. Add buttermilk-mix well. Beat in flour gradually, 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Lastly, fold in nuts.
Spray 2 loaf pans. Divided the batter between the 2 pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or until brown and toothpick comes out dry.
Cool in pans for 15 min., then turn out onto wire rack.
***I can never wait till this bread cools...the minute it's out of the oven, I'll cut myself a sliver!
Also, we have always eaten our bread like this: Cut a thick slice, pop it in the toaster till it's lightly golden, then spread some butter on it...OH soooo good!!!
Keep a loaf for yourself and give one to a neighbor or wrap in foil and put in the freezer for when you have company!

Sweet Aunt "C"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails