Monday, January 16, 2012

S'mores Cookies



I'm enjoying a lazy morning with my kiddos.  We had a busy weekend of "spring cleaning" so today is just going to be whatever they want to do...which I'm secretly hoping is to watch movies and stay in jammies most of the day :)  I had an itch to do an overhaul on my pantry this weekend and even though it took literally ALL day saturday, it is now a super organized/clutter free pantry.  It feels so good that I find a reason to go over there just to take a peek every now and then!  I really do love being organized, but with three kids and a busy life, most of what I'd "like" to do in my home get's put on hold until it's something that I "have" to do when it starts getting to the point that it's driving me crazy!!
I moved on to my daughter's room after that and I'm still weeding things out of there, but my hope is that before summer, we can have a home where clutter is non-existent.  Can that really happen???

On to the recipe...
I made these cookies for my kids monthly bake sale last week and apparently they were a big hit with the kids.  One of my children came home and said, "my friend wants you to tell her mom how you made these".  Isn't that cute?
Well, this wasn't my recipe, but it was a fun, easy recipe to make!  Of course I found it on Pinterest :)
Try these, they're really yummy!  I made as many as I could on one large jelly roll pan, then for the rest of the dough, I broke up my remaining chocolate and graham crackers, and mixed them in the dough, then scooped them like a regular cookie. Those were the ones I got to keep at home, and they were just like a gooey s'mores, but with a chocolate chip cookie kick!  Enjoy!!

S'MORES COOKIES {recipe from The girl who ate everything }

INGREDIENTS: {makes about 2 dozen}
  • 11 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, at room temp.
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  • 3 regular size Hershey's bars, broken into pieces
  • 2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares
DIRECTIONS:
 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line baking pans with parchment paper or non-stick foil (THIS IS A MUST).  I used a large jelly roll pan and filled up as many graham crackers as I could fit, then I used a small baking sheet to do the rest.
Lay out graham crackers on the prepared pans so they are touching side by side.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy.  Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides as needed.  Add vanilla and mix until combined.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine on low speed.
Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.  You can chill the dough for 1 hour, but I didn't.
Place tablespoons of dough directly onto the graham cracker squares.  I left about 1 inches in between dough balls.  Press down slightly with fingertips.  
Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey's bar pieces into the dough.  You can place as many pieces of chocolate as you want.  
Bake for 5-7 minutes more or until dough is beginning to turn golden at the edges.  
Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely before cutting.  I grabbed the sides of the parchment paper to remove from pan, then used a sharp knife to cut each square.  

Here's the dough being scooped onto the graham crackers

This is after the first 5 minutes of baking...


Fresh out of the oven!

This is what I did with the leftover dough...really yummy & gooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails