Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lemongrass-scented Jasmine Rice with Coconut Milk


This rice has been a favorite ever since my sister turned me onto it!  It's super easy to make and goes great with grilled teriyaki chicken and grilled pineapple wedges.  Tonight I made it into a chicken rice bowl for the family.  The flavor of the lemongrass is amazing...I love it!  When I cook rice, I make a large amount, since we have a big family and everyone LOVES rice, but feel free to adjust the portions to fit your family.
Try it...I promise it will become a new favorite for you!

Lemongrass-scented Jasmine Rice with Coconut Milk {serves 6}


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups White Jasmine Rice, rinsed thoroughly and drained 
  • 1-3/4 cups water 
  • 1 cup coconut milk {find it in the asian section at grocery store}
  • 1 stalk lemongrass, edges trimmed and cut into 3 smaller sticks
  • 1 tsp. salt
DIRECTIONS:
Place the water, coconut milk, rice, salt and lemongrass into a medium stock pot. Bring all ingredients to a rapid boil.  Reduce heat to low, stir and cover.  Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and fluffy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails