Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's getting closer!  Heading out to spend some time with my brother and his wife.  I'm looking forward to seeing some new sights, having some down-time, and just enjoying my family!  Oh, I'm also looking forward to cooking...a lot!  Thought I'd share a poem that my 2nd grader came home with the other day.

   Happy Thanksgiving Friends!

Of all the things I'm thankful for if I could choose just one
To place above all other things when all is said and done,
I'd choose just this: My God is there in joy or yet in pain!
My God is there!  He walks with me.  Yes, even in the rain;
Not only when the roses bloom not only in the spring;
Not only when the world is gold, the sun on everything,
But all the time-God's always there.  He's with me day and night;
I cannot wander from His care; nor leave His precious sight.

-PHYLLIS C. MICHAEL


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails