Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Linguine with Lemon, Garlic and Mushrooms


 I'm really trying to stick some quick and simple dinners into my weekly meals as my time at home has been super minimal.  My kids started tennis a while back, so we've been spending a lot of time out at the courts, which has been really fun!  I love watching them pick up a new sport that they actually look forward to every week!!!  They're love for it is even causing me to want to take it up...now that would be interesting!
Anyway, I made this pasta for me and my husband last week and it seriously took no more than 15 minutes.  I could eat a big bowl of this every week, it was that good!  There aren't many ingredients, so it's a quick dish!  I just made extra pasta and gave my kids a big bowl of their favorite...noodles, butter, and lot's of fresh parmesan cheese.

Linguine with Lemon, Garlic and Mushrooms {adapted from Nigella Lawson}

INGREDIENTS: {serves 4}
  • 1 pkg. white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt or table salt
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
  • 1 pound linguine
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • freshly grated parmesan cheese
  • freshly ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
Bring a large pot of water to boil, season with salt and cook linguine according to package directions.  (Be sure to save at least 1 cup of pasta water once the linguine has been cooked.)  Slice mushrooms, chop thyme and parsley.  In a large skillet heat olive oil to medium heat.  Add mushrooms and let cook for 5 minutes.  Add the minced garlic, lemon juice and zest, thyme, parsley and salt to the mushrooms.  Cook for another 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.  Add cooked linguine to the mushroom mixture and enough pasta water to make the dish come together.  Season with freshly ground black pepper and once served, top with lot's of freshly grated parmesan cheese.  Enjoy!


Just a few simple ingredients


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails