Made this easy dish last night and it was good!! I just happened to have bacon (I always have bacon), but Trader Joe's has great already chopped pancetta that would be perfect for this recipe! The arugula is super tasty, but you could substitute baby spinach. Make sure you top off this dish with lot's of freshly grated Parmesan cheese...
Ravioli with Arugula, Tomatoes and Pancetta
- 1 lb Cheese Ravioli
- 6 oz. cubed Pancetta (or this time I used bacon)
- 1 15 oz. Can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, room temp
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Boil Ravioli according to directions on the pkg. Drain. In a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat, cook pancetta (or bacon) until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Add olive oil, tomatoes, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add arugula and 1/4 cup basil and cook until wilted. Stir in butter, add ravioli and toss together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with remaining basil and lot's of freshly grated Parmesan cheese! All you need to complete this meal is a nice crispy loaf of sourdough bread!