Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad

Wow! What an insanely busy and tiring past couple weeks! I started out planning my baby's 5th birthday party and ended with a SUPER sick little birthday girl. She's on the mend now, but with all of that going on, life has been FULL! I have quite a few recipes that have been piling up, so I'm going to try to bust out a few right now. So...I'm gonna start out with a great spring/summer meal that my entire family LOVES! Enjoy!



Chinese Chicken Salad

  • 4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts- seasoned w/ salt & pepper, cooked & shredded or cut up in small chunks
  • 1 head Cabbage, shredded
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 pkg. Top Ramen noodles (broken in the bag)
  • 1/2 Cup slivered almonds (toasted together with sesame seeds in small pan)
  • 1/4 Cup sesame seeds
Dressing:
  • 6 Tbsp. Seasoned Rice Vinegar
  • 4 Tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1 Cup Olive Oil or Canola Oil
Directions:
This is a great salad to prep early in the day. Cook chicken then cut up, shred the cabbage, slice the green onion, make the dressing, toast the nuts together, then throw it all together just before dinner. Ok, so it seems like quite a few steps, but it really is super easy & very yummy!
The chicken tastes really good cut up then cooked on stove-top, but sometimes I opt for baking in the oven covered in foil, then it can be really easy to shred (and not as dry). When making the dressing, sometimes I'll add an extra splash of rice vinegar. Be sure to get the "seasoned" rice vinegar, as it adds much more flavor. Then whisk in the oil at the end.
This salad is great for potlucks as it feeds an army!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this salad!!!! I have been eating the no chicken version for lunch for the last week! I am so glad the little Miss is getting better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails