Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Caramel Corn...so addicting!


Warning...this caramel corn is highly addictive!!  I've been making this recipe for a while now and when I get the ingredients out to make it, I immediately start drooling.  I crunchy, chewy and everything I love in caramel corn.  It makes a big recipe so it's perfect to take on a trip, or for a birthday party, or just to munch on over a weekend.  I made it last Saturday for my daughters soccer team, then made it again Monday night for a Halloween party.  It's fun and it's sure to please everyone...if not, there's more for you!

Caramel Corn {recipe adapted slightly from Paula Deen }


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2-3 bags microwave popcorn, popped {I use simply salted Orville Redenbacher's Natural}
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS:
  Preheat oven to 200 degrees.  Spray a large baking pan or roaster with cooking spray.
Pop popcorn and pour into a large bowl.  I use a slotted spoon to scoop out any kernels that didn't pop.  
Over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup and boil for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract.  Stir well.  Pour over the popped popcorn and stir well to coat.  Bake in sprayed baking pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  
Immediately pour into a large clean brown paper bag and shake.  Spread out on waxed paper to cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails