Sunday, April 1, 2012

Fudgy Brownie Cookies


I really wish I knew how to take better pictures. I'm lacking in that category, but I guess that comes with time, which is something else I'm lacking right now!  So, for now I apologize for my weak photos.
My kiddos have been off for Easter Vacation for a week now and we've still got one more week to go!!  I have to admit, it's been really nice having a little change of pace.  Being sick last week, I was actually able to stay in bed a little longer than normal and my kids even let me!
My boys have a friend over tonight so I made these cookies for them. Ok, I really made them for me.  I'm a lover of all things chocolate-y.  Especially a good brownie.  I've been looking for a really good brownie/cookie and I honestly think I've found it in this super-simple recipe!  You will not regret making these little treats...trust me!!

FUDGY BROWNIE COOKIES  {Recipe slightly adapted from Craving Chronicles}


INGREDIENTS: {makes 18-24 cookies}

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder {I suggest sifting the cocoa powder}
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup {1 stick} unsalted butter
  • 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips {I used Ghiradelli 60% cacao}
DIRECTIONS:
  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.  

Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl.

In a small saucepan, melt butter and chopped bittersweet chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently.  Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat eggs and Sugar at medium speed until light yellow in color and satiny, about 3-4 minutes {this is important}.  With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.  Add flour mixture and beat on low just until incorporated.  Fold in the chocolate chips by hand with a spatula.  

Scoop dough with a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.  Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes.  {The outside will be set but the centers should still be soft and slightly under-baked}.  Cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails