Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Banana Pancakes



So many good memories come from these pancakes. I know it may sound silly, but one of my favorite things growing up was having a meal together as a family. Nothing brought more comfort to my soul than to see my family sitting around the table together sharing stories about the day. One of my most favorite meals is breakfast! The smells of pancakes cooking, bacon frying and the sight of my mom standing over the stove to serve us fresh pancakes...that's what the weekends were all about in my eyes!
I have one big breakfast eater in my house (Tyler)...the other one's could do without breakfast, but usually once they see it in front of them, they are asking for more! Banana pancakes were one of my mom's specialties and I requested them often. Well I still love having them and now that I'm a mom, in order to eat them, I have to make them! My mom uses good old Bisquick for her banana pancakes and you can never go wrong with that, but a while back I found this Buttermilk Pancake recipe. I don't always make my batter from scratch, but when I do it's definitely a treat! This makes a large batch so you can freeze some too!

Tyler's pancake creation!

INGREDIENTS: Batter recipe from Cottage Living, Oct. 05 issue
  • 2 Cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 Cup buttermilk
  • 1 Cup milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
  • 2 bananas, sliced 1/4 inch round
DIRECTIONS:
1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, milk, egg and butter in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture, and whisk jut until blended. Transfer to a large measuring bowl, and let stand 10 minutes. Slice in bananas and ladle 1/4 cup batter with 2-3 bananas in each scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails