Monday, July 12, 2010

Baked Oatmeal...oh so good!


Oh soooo good!!!! I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this recipe! This warm & cozy breakfast/snack recipe comes from a cookbook that was put out by our church, which has recipes compiled from many of the women (past & present). A sweet lady submitted this recipe and I've been eyeing it for a while. We've had a lot of fog & cold mornings here on the coast lately, so I decided one morning to bake this oatmeal up for my kiddos. It was super easy and I fell in love with it instantly. The kids really enjoyed it too (no mushy-ness).
I mean, regular old oatmeal can get pretty boring sometimes, but Baked Oatmeal will never be boring in my book! Try it on a cold morning and then heat up leftovers for a snack or for the next morning.

INGREDIENTS: (adapted recipe)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup milk
DIRECTIONS:
Mix eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the egg mixture; stir in milk. Bake in a greased 9 by 13 baking dish at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm with a little milk & maybe a sprinkle of brown sugar on top or some fresh berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails