Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hummus



One of my long-time friends passed this recipe on to me.  It was a staple in his house and it is now one in ours too!  I know hummus is available at just about every grocery store around, but honestly, if you want to save a little money and treat yourself, you should definitely make this!  My kids absolutely LOVE it...especially when I buy flat bread and grill it for them.  I almost always double the recipe just to have a lot around, but it does make a good amount with the regular recipe.
Give it a try!

HUMMUS {adapted from my friend Mo}

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/3 Cup lemon juice {freshly squeezed}
  • 2 Tbsp. Tahini {sesame seed paste, found at local grocery stores or at a Mediterranean store}
  • 2-3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
Put garlic in food processor; blend.  Add beans, drizzle tahini, then add juice.  Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides a couple of times.  While food processor is going, drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil one tablespoon at a time until everything comes together and is smooth and creamy. 
Enjoy with flat bread, pita bread or pita chips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails